The best way that I’ve found to reduce motorcycle fatalities is to not own a motorcycle. Unless I’m stuck by other person’s motorcycle then my chances of dying by motorcycle are greatly reduced. Here a just a few observations that I’ve noticed that will help you not die on a motorcycle.
- Wear a helmet
- Don’t wear flip flops
- Don’t make your own lane by riding on the white line between cars at a high rate of speed
- Don’t ride on the shoulder or median at a high ride of speed during traffic jams
- Don’t swerve into the other lane if someone is trying to pass you on the left
- Don’t text and ride your motorcycle (yes, I’ve seen it)
- Make your motorcycle as loud as you can, so we can hear you!
- Lastly, don’t ride your motorcycle (still the best way of not dying).
Yes, I’m not man enough to own/ride a motorcycle. I had one wreck on a dirt bike as a kid and my legs went numb for a few minutes. I’m good. But enjoy yours, and don’t be an be a jerk.